School Building Ablaze! Who brought the marshmallows?

PDR_0340
PDR_0340,
originally uploaded by GermanPickle.
Around quarter to six, I started hearing sirens outside. I live across from an apartment complex, so hearing sirens isn't a big deal, there's regularly a false alarm across the street. Today however the sirens didn't stop. One truck after another.

Armed with my Toshiba Digital Camera I scooted out the door and jumped on the ole' steel horse. I got to the end of the street and knew right away what the emergency was. The school across the street had an addition against the gymnasium and it was burning.

I cranked the throttle on the bike and got a better look. I took some photos. You can see them on my flickr account .
http://flickr.com/photos/59428674@N00/sets/743933/

I stuck around for 20 minutes or so. That's when the roof caved in. I think the fire's out by now as I heard some firetrucks drive by again. Although I was at least 100 yards away, I can smell the smoke on my clothing.

Comments