Don't be Ringing My Doorbell!

As Halloween approaches and we grownups decorate and prepare for an evening of Ghouls and Goblins terrorizing our front lawns, I have only one simple request. DON'T be ringing my doorbell.

This must be a sign of a society that's getting ever lazier. Last year, one kid, must a been 15 or so, (Voice had already cracked) rang the doorbell and exclaimed, "Gimme some candy."

Yeah, Piss off!

When I was a kid there were rules to Halloween.

1. Dress up.

2. Shout at the top of your lungs. "Trick or Treat" or "Halloween Apples" If we yelled trick or treat, we knew we could be getting the trick.

Nowadays it's a "Ding dong" and silence. Bahh... maybe I'm becoming an old fart, I dunno....

Nonetheless the 2 rules should still hold true. In the past I've done the tricking from time to time. Jumping out at kids, lighting fire crackers behind them, or other such childish antics. So all you kids, if you expect good candy and effort on my part, you best not be ringin' my doorbell. You'll need to put a little effort in too... if you know what's good for ya.

Comments