In Memory of Steve Irwin.

Steve Irwin
Steve Irwin,
originally uploaded by Bella Of Bacardi.
I guess we all have our reasons for liking or disliking an individual. Steve Irwin was resented by some of his fellow country-men for portraying a stereotype of Austrailian culture. Many of those of us in the rest of the world saw him as a hero; an activist for fair treatment of all animals; whether it be a spider, crocodile or a tiger.

I was fishing today; looking into the water I thought about how this happened. A stingray stinger through the heart. Sounds unbelieveable. Apparently this was the only known stingray attack fatality EVER caught on tape. I bet steve would want people to use this footage to study and learn about the animal. I don't want to see the footage, but I bet a lot can be learned from it.

My condolences go out to Terri, Bindy Sue and Bob, they lost an amazing husband, and father. Steve's work will always remind us about how important life is and how fragile we are.

I thought to myself, what was my favorite episode of the Crocodile Hunter? What was yours? My favorite one was where they went to see the komodo dragons.

Although I will never be able to fulfill my teenage dream of meeting Mr. Irwin in person, perhaps I can visit his zoo, and see the work he's done. Perhaps there will be a plaque honoring him. Perhaps I can still witness the affect he has had on Austrailia and it's people first hand.

Steve Irwin should be remembered and respected in the same regard as people such as Mr. Jacques Cousteau

So many of us feel like we know him as he's shared so much with us. He treated his viewers like a family. Up close and personal. It's ironic that he died in an animal attack, when he spent so much time relocating animals to prevent this same thing from happening to others.

A moment of silence.





May the Lord bless your soul.

Comments