Slice Cut hopefully regrow...

Cut1
Cut1,
originally uploaded by GermanPickle.

Cut2
Cut1,
originally uploaded by GermanPickle.
For Mothers Day The inlaws family and my family were to gather at the lake for a potluck. We were bringing Nachos and Nacho dip. The kind with Lettuce tomatoes and cheese. mmmmmmmmmm

Well. We ran a little behind, and rather than taking a shower first I decided to cut the lettuce before the shower. LIke that my fiancee could finish the dip while I get ready.

I hate dull knives. I hate super cheap knives too as they don't cut straight. So A few weeks ago I bought a chef's knife and a sharpener. I sharpen my knife regularly.

Chopping lettuce is fun as it goes smoothe and makes a cool sound. It's like a hot knife through butter..

CHOP CHOP CHOP. Now chop the length, turn the cut lettuce 90 degrees and CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP WHOAAAA>> What was that... Oh Yes I feel pain now.. OH.. my thumb end's missing!!!

Pain sets in. Believe it. Minor injury like this, and I even had symptoms of shock!

So what did I learn. Well nothing I didn't know before aside from how well I really do sharpen my knife. I didn't feel resistance in the knife with that last chop.

Moral of the story, Don't chop lettuce when in a rush.

Comments