Amazing Winnipeg UnRace

Spring is here, and I wanted to put on a car rally for the Car Club that was a little different than the one's we've had in the past. In the past we've always hosted TSD Rallies, and although fun, they usually don't draw the attention of many members. This time I decided to do a Fun Rally that was a cross between say The Amazing Race and a TSD Rally. The rally is partially clue based with stuff Like "Find the picnic table in Bunns Creek park with the following etched into the table Top. "E.H. + K.R." You will find your next set of directions there." That's why I've named it the Amazing Winnipeg UnRace. It can not be a race as we can't allow speeding so the emphasis isn't on speed it's on driving efficently. Complete this rally with the minimum amount of Kilometers driven! This will be tough as some things may be quicker to get to one way but WAY shorter to get to another way.

The Club's Past President, David Grant has been the rally master for a few years now. It's great that he's willing to orgainize the rallies all the time, because it is a lot of work. But we wanted him to have a chance to participate at the rally for once instead of always hosting the rally. After discussing this at one of our monthly Meetings at Grapes, I decided to take on this challenge. Since I don't want to steal the TSD Rally thunder from David, I wanted to do something different. David's rallies are a lot of fun, and I did learn some things from him also.

This will be my first attempt at hosting a rally of any kind. I'm a little nervous about it, but I think people will really love it.

You may be asking yourself, how do I get involved? Well it's simple. First Email the Red River Region PCA Editor at RRREditor@mts.net Members of the PCA get to participate for FREE. All others pay $5.00 per car to enter. (this helps pay for all the prizes.) Then simply show up on Saturday April 30th 2005 at Autohaus Porsche at 1PM. Sign your waiver, pay your $5.00 end enjoy the 2 hours of fun that await you. Since this event requires me to have remote clues stashed ahead of time it's critical that those attending do email me ahead of time. I can accommodate some walk ons, but not too many.

Depending on how many people show up, there will be a prize for everyone. I'm hoping for a big success. If not, then at very least I'm hoping to learn how to make a better rally in the future.

Hope to see you there.

Comments