GSpot.


Okay, Get your mind out of the gutter; this blog isnt about sex. I just wanted to talk about a little application I found that I think is absolutely amazing. Chances are pretty good that youve downloaded videos from the web at least a few times. Tell me. Have you ever seen your video player tell you that it cant display the video because I codec wasnt found? I think that its so wonderful that the program knows what codec it needs, but the programmer didnt think it was necessary to tell the user which codec it couldnt find. So as a user your stuck trying to figure it out on your own. Well not any more. This is the GSpot application. It tells you what video and audio codec you the video file uses and whether or not you have it installed. So lets say for example, you get a file from a friends digital camera. You go to play it and you get the error. Now launch GSpot and open the file in GSpot. It will now say, for example, Video codec MJPG. Status Not present. Now all you need to do is surf the web for a free MJPG codec. Simple huh?

Best of all GSpot is Free You can get it here.

Comments